Leave No Trace is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to the responsible enjoyment and active stewardship of natural lands by all people. The e-tour seasonal team travels throughout the U.S. teaching and promoting minimum impact techniques to kids of all experience levels. The e-tour will reach out to millions of individuals, promoting stewardship of the outdoors and responsible recreation practices.
The e-tour, sponsored by the Coleman Company, represents the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics as goodwill ambassadors. The team will present special programs and activities specifically for kids in retail stores across the country. Team members will be outfitted with apparel, equipment and supplies necessary for teaching and camping, as well as communicating electronically.
Compensation package includes food and lodging expenses and a monthly salary. Part time employment and travel will begin early to mid May 2008 and run through early to late August 2008 depending on start date. Education and Technical Requirements
- At least two-years of teaching experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A love of the outdoors along with some outdoor recreation skills: ie: hiking, backpacking, canoeing/kayaking, mountain biking, rock climbing, winter sports, trail running, etc.
- Current Basic First Aid and CPR certification
- Leave No Trace Training (Master Educator preferred)
- Personal budgeting and expense tracking skills
- Macintosh computer and digital camera proficiency Leadership and Interpersonal Requirements:
- Direct experience teaching, guiding and instructing (outdoor settings preferred)
- High level of motivation, energy, creativity and professionalism
- Charismatic and entertaining public speaking and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with an evolving and sometimes unpredictable itinerary
- Excellent time-management skills
for more information visit Leave No Trace
These links are checked on the date of the article. As the article ages, some links may become invalid
Go To www.getoffthecouchnews.blogspot.com for all the news
See Get Off The Couch