The Grand Vision for Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, and Wexford Counties has been praised by many agencies, legislators, and planning leaders for the participation level of the public.
If you live in any of those six counties, you have until October 28th to fill out your scorecard.
In order for the questions on the scorecard to make sense you need to spend some time looking at the extensive Grand Vision web site. Basically there are four different scenarios for how regional planners can design superstructures to promote a certain growth pattern for the region. You will be asked to rate these four plans as to your opinion of how well they promote various goals.
The next questions are pertinent to those of us who value muscle-powered methods of recreation and transportation. You will be asked to say how strongly you agree or disagree with the following questions:
- I think transportation investments should prioritize new and widened roads.
- I think new transportation investments should include biking and walking facilities, even if it means some roads aren't widened.
- I think new transportation investments should include enhanced transit, including in-town buses and regional bus service, even if it means some roads aren't widened.
- I think increased traffic congestion in our cities and villages would be okay if I could park once and walk to shops, jobs, schools and parks.
- I would consider living in a neighborhood with smaller yards and some multi-family buildings if it meant that I could walk or ride my bike to shops, jobs, schools and parks.
Please don't discount the value of your one voice. Take a few minutes this weekend and participate in the Grand Vision.
See The Grand Vision
These links are checked on the date of the article. As the article ages, some links may become invalid
Go To www.getoffthecouchnews.blogspot.com for all the news
See Get Off The Couch