Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Mother's Footsteps

The following is an excerpt from a story which we believe is worthy of reading, but would lose too much of its charm if it were re-written for presentation on this blog. Please link through for the rest of the story, but hurry back! ... Editor

by Adam McCulloch

"BEFORE my mother died of a long illness, she scheduled her funeral so it wouldn't clash with either of her walking groups' weekly hikes. The Goannas hiked on Wednesdays and the Skyline Walkers on Saturdays. My mum, Patricia McCulloch, died on September 6, 2007. The day after her funeral, my father, two brothers, oldest nephew and I joined the Skyline Walkers for their Saturday sojourn.

"It's just a hike," my father said, but with the entire family following in mum's footsteps, the symbolism was obvious.

"This was one of your mother's favourite walks," dad explained as we drove through the Adelaide Hills towards Warren Conservation Park, the designated meeting place. It was just what I wanted to hear... "

finish the story at The Australian - see FAIR USE notice.
These links are checked on the date of the article. As the article ages, some links may become invalid

Go To www.getoffthecouchnews.blogspot.com for all the news
See Get Off The Couch

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails